An early-stage micro fund backing startups throughout their initial chapters.
Foreword is led by Dec & supported by an amazing community of founders, operators, and investors who want to help advance and scale the next generation of global technology companies.
A micro fund investing in early-stage startups. Our vitals:
Stage: Pre-seed and seed
Check size: Initial investment of $25-100k
Geography: Global, but with a focus on US- and Europe-based companies
Focus: Investing broadly, with a particular interest in B2B and consumer
Founded by Dec and backed by 50+ founders, operators, and investors who are an extension of the fund. Dec was an early employee at Web Summit who built and managed everything VC-related at the company. He’s a founding member of Web Summit’s venture fund, as well as an expert-in-residence at Europe's top seed fund, Seedcamp 🌱
Foreword is largely backed by founders, from early-stage to post-IPO, including GitHub, Pipedrive, Huuuge Games, Pointy, Delivery Hero, Ryanair, etc.
It's also backed by leading US and European funds, angels, and GPs.
Foreword is always on-hand to help its founders. Mostly with:
- Fundraising: Bringing other investors in, helping companies find lead investors, as well as being a partner for future funding rounds
- Network: Using Foreword’s relationships to help with hiring, early users and customers
- Product feedback: Helping with early product strategy and acting as a sounding board for founders
- Community and events: Using Foreword’s unique experience to help companies plan their community strategy and maximise their exposure across key events
- Founders: Foreword’s investors and portfolio are an extension of the fund. They help Foreword’s companies with sales, growth, leadership, hiring, and product feedback